Sunday 13 October 2024

Of jungle tribes etc

 As younger I wanted to move to live close to the nature, but I did not know where in the world it would be. Later I was on some email list telling of indegenous tribes fighting for their existence. At first I thought it just interesting, but then I noticed that those were typically criwded villages etc and without much freedom to go anywhere. There were lots of news about fighting and some tribespeople gotten killed. So I thought that with civiliced wisdom such would have gone better: some organization protecting their righrs, teaditional ways of living, etc and arranging the possibility for wisdom via reading and possibilitues to travel to live as parts of the organised soviety. What I had first heard of New Guinea, was that it was mostly jyst jungle, but as I learned more, I heard that the jungle too was full of huts lived in, so tgat for a woman it was impossible to wander anywhere, even go for a walk, but had to stay home always if not walking with a gang with weapons along. So such trives life did not seem to offer any such nature contact that I longed for. And so as I have gotten older, I have been ever more convinced about the need of civiluced wisdom in quaranteeing the possibility to enjoy the beauty of nature. On the other hand, I do not fully kniw what to think of that either: on some video from a road with jungle roadside, was it from Pakustan or Bangladesh, the atmosphere was like drivkng along a dense green garden fence on slme garden area of town, and the ankmals coming from the jungle were familiar with vehicles like an animal used to town at a small parking lot used for turning cars at a town district of small houses with gardens. 

*

I did not find that video, but here is a quite nice option: driving a piece of a park road with music from the car radio, https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Y9t0LR2bEYU 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Of jungle tribes etc

 As younger I wanted to move to live close to the nature, but I did not know where in the world it would be. Later I was on some email list ...